- Where to find the Card Product list
- The Card Product Display
- The Columns displayed on the Card Product list
- Filtering the Card Product list
- The Menu Options available on the Card Product list
- The Edit Card Product Form
- General tab page
- Details tab page
- Product Rules tab page
- History tab page
- Product Transfer between Guest
- Implementation Notes
This document outlines the management of Products linked to a Guest Card within the Intouch system.
The areas covered by this document include:
- The display of products linked to a guest card.
- How to configure the card product display.
- The options/features available on the card product display.
- The information displayed on the card product edit form.
Note: This document does not cover the sale of a product (to a guest card) or the redemption / use of a card product.
Where to find the Card Product list
The guest card product list is available at two locations in ResPoint:
- Guest Record | Products tab
- Edit Card form | Products tab
Note: Both areas display the same information (the products linked to the guest card).
Guest Record | Products tab
From the Guests tab page in ResPoint, search for the required guest. Then select the Products tab page, if it is not already selected.
The top section of the Products tab page displays all cards linked to the guest. The bottom section displays all products linked to the guest card selected above.
Edit Card Form | Products tab
The Edit Card form can be displayed from:
- Guests | Guests Record | Cards tab page | Edit menu item
- Guests | Products tab | Card list | Edit Menu item
When the Edit Card form is displayed, select the Products tab and all products linked to the card are displayed.
The Card Product Display
The Card Product list displays in a tree view format.
This allows packaged products to be displayed as a group, with the parent product displayed as the top node (i.e. Take 3 Anytime Adult) and all component products displayed as children (i.e. Components B-Take3) under the parent product.
Standard (non-packaged) products display normally as top level nodes (i.e. Lift Tickets Day Adult).
Hint: Column Sorting is available. Sorting is applied across all top level nodes, then to all component products under each parent product.
Note: Only products linked to the guest card are displayed. Any component, of a packaged product, that were not linked to the card are not shown on this display.
Hint: Whether a product must be linked to a guest configured via the Link to Pass field in the Pass Options section on the Supplementary tab page of the Edit Product form in Resources.
The Columns displayed on the Card Product list
The following columns are currently available for display on the Card Product list:
- Product: The description of the product, as display in SalesPoint and Resources.
- Status: The status of the product, which can be changed on the Edit Card Product form.
- Transferrable: Displays an icon indicating the transferrable status of the product:
- Transferred To - (to icon) - the product has been transferred to the current guest.
- Transferred From - (from icon) - the product has been transferred from the current guest to another guest.
- Available for Transfer - (available icon) - the product was assigned to the current guest at purchase, it has not yet been transferred, and is available for transfer (to another guest).
- Non-Transferrable Product (blank – no icon) - this product cannot be transferred to another guest.
- Sold Date: When the product was purchased.
- Valid From: When the product became valid.
- Valid To: The date from which the product is/will no longer be valid.
- Valid (icon): Displays an icon indicating the validity of the product:
- Valid - Not Used - (green tick icon) - the product has not been used based on its product type(s).
- Valid - Used - (blue circle icon) - the product has either been fully or partially used based on its product type(s).
- Not Valid - - (red cross icon) - the product is no longer valid - either due to its status (cancelled) or because it has expired (valid from date > today).
- Not Applicable (blank - no icon) - the product is not a member of any of the specified product types.
Note: The following product types are checked for usage: Access Control (via product scans), Tickets (ticket scans), Rentals (rental equipment taken out), and Events (date of associated event).
Note: If a product is a member of more than one product type, only one of the product types needs to be considered partially used, for the product to be considered used.
- Reference: The sales reference that applies to the product (when it was sold).
- Start Date Type: The start date type of the card product - either
- F = Fixed (start date set to a specified pass date) or
- V = Variable (start date set to the date of first scan).
Hint: If a Start Date Type is not specified, then the start date is considered to be Variable.
- Scan Days: This column display an icon indicating the Scan Days usage of the product, together with the number of used scan days / the number of available scan days. Four Scan Days (icon) states are supported
- Not Used - - the product has not yet been scanned.
- Partially Used - - the product has been scanned (used), but still has remaining days of use (scanning).
- Fully Used - - the product has no usage (scan days) left.
- Not Applicable - (blank - no icon) - scanning does not apply to this product.
Hint: A single use (allowed scan days = 1) product only displays the number of scan days used (i.e. either 0 or 1).
- Number of Scans: The total number of scans made in relation to this card product.
Note: Only valid scans (scan status id < 10) are included in the count of Scan Days and Number of Scans. Invalid scans are ignored.
- Scanpass Process Order: The process order defined for the product in Scanpass, when linking the product to a Pass Group on the Assign Pass Group edit form available via the Scanpass main menu item: Setup | Assign Pass Group.
- Amount: The cost of the product when sold.
The following details should be noted:
- A variable start date product that has not yet been scanned is considered valid (for use), and displays with a green tick in the Valid column.
- The Valid From and Valid To dates displayed for a variable start date product are calculated based on the date of the first scan. Valid From = date of first scan. Valid To = date of first scan + validity duration.
- If a variable start date product has not yet been scanned, then the Valid From and Valid To dates of the product are left blank.
Note: Additional detail explaining how some columns are calculated can be found in the Filtering the Card Product list section.
The Column Selector
The columns displayed on the Card Product list can be set, by each operator, via the drop-down Column Selector.
- Press the Select Columns button.
- The Column Selector is displayed.
- Select / de-select a column by clicking on its checkbox.
- Press the OK button to apply the selections to the display.
The following features should be noted:
- All columns are available for selection, except the Product (description) column, which is always shown.
- By default, the following columns are shown: Product, Status, Valid From, Valid To, Reference, and Amount.
- Each operator can specify their own column selections.
- The columns selected by each operator are sticky beyond the life of the program. I.E. the system automatically re-displays the column previously selected by the operator when restarting the application.
- An operator can specify different column selections for each card product list: the Guest Record and the Edit Card form.
- Column sorting can be set by clicking on the relevant column header. Clicking the currently sorted column (again) changes the sort direction (i.e. from ascending to descending).
- The selected sort column and sort direction are sticky beyond the life of the program.
Note: The selected columns (and sort), made by each operator, are saved to hidden Manager setting, held under Guests | User Settings | Card Products. See the Hidden Settings Used by ResPoint: section for further details
Filtering the Card Product list
The products displayed on the Card Product list can be filter, by each operator, via the drop-down Filter Selector.
- Press the Select Filter button.
- The Filter Selector is displayed.
- Make the required filter selections.
- Press the OK button to apply the filter to the display.
Hint: When a filter is in place, the text shown on the Filter button changes from 'Filter...' to text indicating that a filter is being applied. For example:
The following details should be noted:
- Filter selection is sticky for the life of the program. The default filter (show all) is applied at start up.
- A different filter selection can be made in each area: the Guest Record and the Edit Card form.
The following Filter Options are available:
Type of Product (aka Products Relating to…):
Five 'Products Relating to…' options are currently supported:
- Access Control
All products that link to a Scan Pass Group.
Setup Notes: In Scanpass, from main menu, select Setup | Assign Pass Groups.
All products that are included in a Rentals Package.
Setup Notes: In Rentals, on the Packages tab, link product under the Prices node of a Package.
All products that link to an Event Activity.
Setup Notes: In ResPoint, on the Bookings tab, from the main menu, select Setup | Activities, and link the product to an Activity (level 3).
Setup Notes: In Resources on the Multi-List tab, display the Edit Product form, ResPoint Activities tab, link product to either an activity (list 3).
All products with an associated printable ticket.
Setup Notes: In Resources on the Multi-List tab, display the Edit Product form, Printing & Prices tab, link product to either a Ticket Type or a Group Ticket Type (i.e. any value in drop down field other than None).
Plus - to ensure we are not looking at an F&B product, the linked Ticket Type (either standard or group) must be linked to a Ticket Design.
In Resources - Setup tab - Product | Ticket Types, on the Edit Ticket Type form - a ticket design (file) must be linked under either Ticket Type Details or Multi Print Details
Note: This is a simplified implementation of how SalesPoint works out whether a print style is printable (it does not at days of validity and stock quantity).
All products not included in any of the above.
Note: It is possible for a product to be included in more than one of the above product types.
Start Date Type
Two Start Date Type options apply to a card product:
The Start Date is set to a specified pass date.
Note: The start date of the product is the actual start date recorded against the guest card product (in the g_card_product table).
The start date is set to the date of first scan.
Note: The start date of the product is set by Scanload, the first time the product is scanned.
Note: The Start Date Type of a card product is set in Resources on the Edit Product form via the Start Date field in the Pass Options section of the Supplementary tab page.
Scan Days (usage)
Four Scan Days usage states are available for filter selection:
Scan Days usage is calculated based on the Number of Used Scan Days and the Number of Available (allowed) Scan Days - for the product, as displayed in the Scan Days column.
Note: The number of used scan days is a distinct count of the number of days when a scan has occurred. It is not a count of the number of times the product has been scanned. A product scanned three times in one day (as the guest skies the mountain), counts as 1 scan day.
Note: The number of available scan days is defined for a product in Scanpass, via the Assign Pass Groups edit form, which can be displayed via the Setup | Assign Pass Group main menu item.
Four Product Transfer states are available for filter selection:
Transferred To: The product has been transferred to the current guest.
Transferred From: The product has been transferred from the current guest to another guest.
Available for Transfer: The product was assigned to the current guest at purchase, it has not yet been transferred, and is available for transfer (to another guest).
Not Transferrable: This product cannot be transferred to another guest.
The ability to define which products are transferrable between guests is set in Resources. See the Resources : Configuring Product Transfer between Guests section for details.
A list of all transfers made against the product can be viewed via the View Transfer History menu item. See the View Transfer History… section for details.
Note: A product moved to another card belonging to the (same) guest is not covered or included in the Product Transfer functionality. The stated functionality only applies to products transferred between guests.
You can choose to show or hide products based on whether the product is considered valid. Four validity states are available for filter selection:
Valid - Not Used = the product has not been used based on its product type(s).
Valid - Used = the product has either been fully or partially used based on its product type(s).
Not Valid = the product is no longer valid - either due to its status (cancelled) or because it has expired (valid from date > today).
Not Applicable = the product is not a member of any of the specified product types.
The following information should be noted:
- The following product types are checked for usage: Access Control (via product scans), Tickets (ticket scans), Rentals (rental equipment taken out), and Events (date of associated event).
- If a product is a member of more than one product type, only one of the product types needs to be considered partially used, for the product to be considered used.
- A new database index (on sales reference) has been added to the renter_lineitem table. If this index is not present then the system is not able to ascertain usage for rentals product.
Usage for each of the four product types is ascertained as follows:
- Access Control: An Access Control product is considered used based on its scan days. If the number of scan days used is zero, then it has not been used (a green tick is shown). If the number of scan days is one (or more), then the product has been used - either partially or fully (a blue circle is shown).
- Tickets: A Ticket product is considered used when the ticket has been scanned.
Note: It is possible for a product to have multiple tickets - i.e. a morning and afternoon ticket.
Technical Note: Ticket scans are held in the g_card_product_ticket table. To be considered scanned, the scanned field must be populated (i.e. not null).
- Rentals: A Rental product is considered used when at least one associated rental item has been checked out. Two Rental Systems are supported: the WebPoint Renter's Desk and the Intouch Rentals program.
Technical Note: For the WebPoint Renter's Desk - a product is considered checked out if there is at least one g_card_product_equipment record with a non-null value in the time_out field.
Technical Note: For the Intouch Rentals system - a product is considered checked out if there is at least one renter_lineitem record with an associated rent_item_event with a non-null time_out field.
- Events: An Event product is considered used based on the date/time of the associated event. Once the associated event has started, then the product is considered used.
Special Edge: If a reservation is cancelled (i.e. after a refund in Respoint) - then the product is no longer considered valid (and displays with a red cross).
Validity Date Range
The Card Product list can also be filtered based on the validity dates of the product.
When filtering by Validity Dates:
- To be included in the displayed list, a product's validity (valid from and valid to dates) only need overlap a part of the filter period.
- Variable start date products that have not yet been scanned (i.e. do not yet have a start date) are always shown.
The Menu Options available on the Card Product list
The following menu items are available on the Card Product list:
Note: A card product cannot be added or deleted from the Card Product list.
Edit (Card Product)
The Edit Card Product form is displayed when the Edit menu item is selected or the operator double clicks on a card product. It display general information about the product, allows certain details to be edited, and provides access to additional features such as Product Rules. Please see The Edit Card Product Form section for further details.
Move to Another Card (of Guest)
This menu item allows the operator to move a product between cards associated with the (same) guest. When the menu item is selected, all the other cards linked to the guest are shown.